Friday, January 09, 2009

Aykayem's Sunset Sky background

Yes ... I am at it again ... I created another background for my (or your) blogs ...



This one has 2 versions - actually the same image, just one word different in the html code you stick in the gadget on your side bar - lol - for one version the image is "stuck" to the top of the page and the other is "stuck" to the bottom (if you find the bit in the code where the word "top" or "bottom" is and remove that word so it just says "center", it will work like the first background I did and be stuck in the middle)

... if you have a wide screen monitor you will probably also notice that the image could (should?) have been a little bit wider ... LOL
(and you will also see that I have set a background colour for my blog, that is similar to the picture ... that way if the image doesn't load/the person is using text only for browsing then the text will still be readable against the background - that can be done under "Layout" then "Fonts and Colours" I think I used #a5bdc3 on Up too late, as usual and it looked quite good, in my opinion anyway - lol .. and I used whatever was already there on this blog because it looked ok and I couldn't be bothered fiddling with it.

For the one that I have just put on Up too late, as usual - and will probably replace with something else soon - lol - so you probably found it on http://messing-around-with-stuff.blogspot.com/

you will need to copy this bit of code:

<style type="text/css">body {background-image: url("http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh371/aykayem/AykayemSunsetSkyBackground.jpg"); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }</style>

Made by <a href="http://messing-around-with-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/aykayems-sunset-sky-background.html"/>Aykayem's dodgy web design!</a>


... or for the one that is on Mungo Blog

- where you can see the hills (where the sun just set) at the bottom (and where the text is hard to read over it - so really only good for a blog where the posts are short ... or you want people to keep scrolling - lol)

- Then you can copy/use this bit of code:

<style type="text/css">body {background-image: url("http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh371/aykayem/AykayemSunsetSkyBackground.jpg"); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }</style>

Made by <a href="http://messing-around-with-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/aykayems-sunset-sky-background.html"/>Aykayem's dodgy web design!</a>

Then you will need to go follow my instructions (for where to put the code) in the previous post on here ...

or ... if you still have the old type of template (the one that keeps asking if you want to update it every time you try and go to "layout" - lol) then you can do it like I actually did on Mungo Blog (which does still have that old template) and find the bit up near the top, that says

"body {
background #a5bdc3"

and remove the bit that says "background #whatever" or whatever it has there for the colour and replace it with this:

background-image: url("http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh371/aykayem/AykayemSunsetSkyBackground.jpg"); background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-position: bottom center;

btw - you can stick one of my other background picture URLs in there instead if you like ... and instead of "bottom center" you can put "top center" or just "center" ... or you can go to http://csshtmltutorial.com/csshtmltutorial-cssbackgroundcodetutorial.php and read about what else you can put there - that is how I found out how to do it - LOL

btw ... it is a good idea to preview it to see if it works BEFORE you save the changes ... just in case you mess it up and can't remember what to put back there - LOL

also ... if you are doing it the old way (with the old template) the way I have explained in this post, or if you DO know what you are doing with html/css/etc and/or you know more about this stuff than me (probably not that hard - lol) then feel free to just use the photobucket URLs for my images and do it your way (and feel free to tell me what I did wrong - lol) ... but either way - it might be nice if you give me credit for the photos/making the backgrounds ... and if you do include a link then it is probably best to link to either this blog post, or to my main blog at http://aykayem.blogspot.com/ or to my blogger profile.

No comments: